December 09, 2014

Have the Sniffles? Try this. . .

We have all experienced the case of the sniffles and the dreaded congestion. Achoooooo

Try this . . .

*Boiling Pot of Water
       Preferably a stock pot

*Red Thyme Essential Oil

*Eucalyptus Essential Oil

*Towel

Place two to three drops of each essential oil into the base of an empty stock pot. Add water to the stock pot and fill half way. Place on the burner and boil. Remove the pot from the heat. I prefer to place the pot on the counter.

Take the towel and place it over the back of your head. Be careful here because the steam can be hot! Standing straight lower your face towards the pot and start inhaling and exhaling deeply. The towel stays over your head to keep the steam from escaping. The steam is what holds in the essential oils. Breathing these oils should clear up all of your congestion.

I discovered this trick a few years ago when I was traveling over seas. There was no "western medicine" and I was extremely uncomfortable. I was willing to do just about anything to get rid of the congestion and teary eyes and poor breathing. I was introduced to this modality and have used it ever since. I hope you experience the same pleasure as I have. Let me know how it goes. Enjoy <3

No comments:

Post a Comment